Updated: Nov 7, 2019
Discovering the wonderful world of healthy popsicles in the middle of summer in Texas has been so much fun. And, this one is probably my favorite one yet. That’s because I adore carob, though, probably more than cocoa.
These literally take about 2 minutes to prepare, then it’s mostly just waiting for them to freeze. Also, you can easily replace the carob with cocoa in this recipe and make full on classic fudgcicles.
Bonus: if there is any mixture left over after you pour into molds, place into a small bowl and put into the fridge for about 1 hour and you have a delicious, heathy pudding!
Carob Cashew Fudge Popsicles
1/2 a can of full fat coconut milk
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup cashew butter
2-3 small dates
1/4 cup carob powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup coconut milk
1. Mix all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth.
2. Pour into popsicle molds until there is about 1/2 inch of space at the top of each mold.
3. Let freeze for 45 minutes or an hour.
4. Place popsicle sticks into molds.
5. Let freeze for 2 hours.
6. Pull out and place walnuts at the top of molds and then pour coconut milk over them until just covered. Let freeze one more hour.
7. You can skip the last part and just do all carob by filling molds all the way at the beginning and then follow steps 2 - 5.
Popsicles last several weeks in the freezer.