Words cannot do justice to how divine these little bites of heaven are. I dare you to eat just one! But, if you do have that much self control, these will last for a while in the fridge, so, no worries!
They make a perfect sized snack and will also make a lovely Valentine's Day treat!
What You'll Need
1 bag Artisan Kettle Organic Dark Chocolate Chunks
8 Tbsp of coconut milk
* Pour entire bag of chocolate chunks into a small mixing bowl.
* Portion the coconut milk into a separate and small microwavable bowl. Heat in 10-15 second spurts, until coconut milk is very hot, but, not boiling.
* Pour coconut milk over chocolate chunks and do not stir.
* Cover the bowl with a towel or lid and allow to stand for 5 minutes or so.
* Uncover and stir. If any of the chunks are not melted yet, microwave again in 5 - 10 second spurts, just until the chocolate and coconut milk are mixed and smooth.
* Cover the bowl again and place in the fridge for about 2 hours. You want the mixture to be firm but not too hard that a scoop won’t go through the mixture. You can test with a knife or tip of a spoon and if that comes out mostly clean, then you are ok to start forming the truffles.
* Have any toppings you want to roll the truffles in ready in small bowls. Some nice ideas are coconut flakes, cocoa powder, chopped nuts, or sprinkles. I used butter toffee almonds and tossed them into a food processor for just a second or 2 to crush them.
* Using a small Tbsp or 3/4 Tbsp sized cookie scoop, begin to scoop out the chocolate mixture and roll into whatever topping you like. Set into a small bowl, one that you will use to keep them in in the fridge.
* Store in the fridge for several more hours until completely formed. They should stay in the truffle form but be soft enough to bite through.