Pistachio Yogurt and Roasted Garbanzo Bean Toasts
Preparation time: about 45 minutes, unclipping roasting time for garbanzo beans.
Yogurt mixture and garbanzo beans both keep about 2-3 days in fridge.
If your like me, I’m always looking for fun new ways to toss my favorite ingredients together into delicious snacks. Being that New Years is just around the corner, I decided to try something new so I could have snacks on hand.
These little toasts are not only delicious, but, also quite healthy! And the perfect bite sized snack for special occasions, or whenever you feel like treating yourself.
Pistachio + Yogurt Mixture
1 cup of whole milk greek yogurt
1 large garlic clove
3/4 cup of roasted pistachios
1/4 cup of olive oil
2 sprigs of thyme
Salt and pepper
Roasted Garbanzo Beans
1 can of garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbsp of olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 sprig of thyme
1 baguette | recipe works best with a thinner baguette, about 2 inches wide
* Drain and rinse one can of garbanzo beans.
* Place them into a small mixing bowl and coat with the olive oil, peppers, and salt.
* Spread the bean mixture onto a small baking sheet and roast on 450 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
* Turn them over one or 2 times to insure they cook evenly.
* Add the thyme about 1/2 way in.
* Remove from oven and set aside.
* Empty one container of whole milk greek yogurt into a medium mixing bowl. Stir until smooth.
* Place pistachios into a food processor. Chop for just a few seconds, it doesn’t take long at all to chop them up.
* Add the garlic clove and thyme, and chop for again a few more seconds.
* Pour mixture into a new, small mixing bowl and add the olive oil and salt and pepper, and mix well.
* Fold 3/4 of pistachio mixture into the yogurt gently, and leave it marbled.
* Hold the rest of the pistachio mixture aside.
* Cut pieces of a baguette into 1 inch slices
* Place on a baking sheet and toast in the oven until golden brown.
* Remove from oven. Allow to cool for just a few minutes.
* Add about 1/2 tsp of the pistachio mixture to each piece of toast.
* Add a heaping tsp - Tbsp of the yogurt on top of that.
* Add 6-8 garbanzo beans to the top.