I love Indian food.
One of the things I look for immediately when handed a menu at an Indian food restaurant is a mango lassi. They are so refreshing! Like a shake, but not really. Like juice, but, better. Sweet, but, not overly so.
I finally decided to try and make my own, and put my own little twist on it. And, I have to say, it was sooooo good!
I decided to go non-dairy, and also to allow the sweetness of the yogurt (which was already sweetened with cane sugar) to replace most of the added sugar. I did add a tiny bit of dark sugar, and also some pistachios.
It really was delicious and I hope you will give it a try!
Dairy Free Mango + Pistachio Lassi
Makes 2 small lassis, or 1 big one!
1 1/2 cups of mango juice (I used bottled, and I used HERO brand)
1/2 cup of Forager cashew milk yogurt
1 Tbsp fresh pistachios, already ground
1 tsp dark muscavado sugar
Dash of cloves
* It’s good to make sure that the juice and yogurt are already chilled.
* Place pistachios into the blender ahead of time and blend til mostly ground.
* Add final ingredients and blend well, about 10-20 seconds.
* I added a bit of the sugar to the rim of the glasses.
* Pour into the glasses and garnish with whatever you like. I used cloves, cinnamon, orange peel, and pistachios.