Delicious Gluten Free Buckwheat Chocolate Banana Bread
A staple in millions of homes across the world, banana bread has to be one of the favorite comfort foods on the planet. There are over 1000 different varieties of banana in the world, and there has to be thousands of different recipes for banana bread as well.
This one is gluten free, and contains chocolate chips and a small amount of cashew butter, which I find makes it just a tad bit more moist and dense. It and also contains 2 different varieties of bananas. Cavendish banana, which are the bananas traditionally sold in grocery stores, and also lady finger bananas. Both were fairly ripe, and therefore very sweet.
If I had to make a guess, I would say that 3 small lady finger bananas would equal one Cavendish banana…. For measuring purposes.
I hope you will give it a try and definitely let me know how you like it!
Buckwheat Chocolate Banana Bread
INGREDIENTS 2 cups of buckwheat flour4-5 ripe Cavendish bananas 1/2 cup coconut sugar 1/2 cup softened butter (or coconut oil) 2 eggs 2 Tbsp coconut milk 1/2 tsp vanilla 2 Tbsp cashew butter 1 tsp baking powder 1 tsp baking soda 1/4 tsp salt 1/2 cup chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 350
* Lightly grease a large loaf pan, or, if you prefer, you can also use parchment paper.
* In a small mixing bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
* Peel bananas and place them in a separate, large mixing bowl.
* Add sugar, butter, eggs, coconut milk, vanilla, and cashew butter.
* Mix with an electric mixer on low until all is blended together nicely and there are no big chunks of banana.
* Add dry ingredients and hand fold until all is blended well.
* Add chocolate chips and fold into batter.
* Add mixture to the loaf pan.
* Bake at 350 for between 45 minutes to an hour . I give this much leeway in time because ovens vary, and it’s a good idea to start testing with an inserted knife to make sure it’s cooked all the way through. Also, cooking too long might make for dry banana bread.
* Remove from oven and allow to sit for at least an hour to cool all the way through.
* Lasts several days if refrigerated.
* Also freezes well!