Of all the cookie recipes in all the world, my grandmother’s pecan sand tarts rival any of them. I may be biased, but, I invite you to try her recipe and see for yourself how delicious they are!
Grandma's Homemade Pecan Sand Tarts
1 cup real butter, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups pastry flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup of pecans
Small bowl of powdered sugar, sifted
* Mix 1/2 cup of powdered sugar with the softened butter
* Add vanilla and mix
* Add flour, 1/2 cup at a time, and stir until combined
* Add salt
* Ingredients will be harder to mix towards the end, but, that is normal.
* Add pecans
* With your hands, mold 1 Tbsp of dough into small balls and then into crescent shapes. You can fit several on one cookie sheet as they don’t really expand much when they bake
* Bake at 350 degrees until golden
* Remove and allow to cool briefly before covering each cookie in the sifted powdered sugar
*Try and eat just one!